Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Procrastinating Mental Wellness

I need to write the epilogue of my novel. I know kinda what I want to say. But I'm anxious about actually finishing it. The story. I'm in the process of revising the novel I wrote in three months three months ago. I'm scared and excited both. I feel like I'm about to go cliff diving, and it's something I've wanted to do my whole life, but I'm still wearing Depends just in case.

I might run some hose water into the hippo pool/fountain and let Katie play while I sit on the swing and write long hand in a notebook. When I was a young girl I had visions of myself sitting under an apple tree, eating a crunchy, juicy red apple with my left hand while writing in a notebook with my right hand. My write hand.

Any tips for a first time novelist struggling with anxiety? Other than taking clonazepam? Or any first time any creative endeavor? Tips on how you worked through the fear?