Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cooking Gone Wrong Recipes

Ok, this is an interactive blog, so PLEASE leave your cooking confessions below in the comments section.

I saw my mom and two of my sisters Friday. We were talking about how we all make hard-boiled eggs slightly differently, comparing notes. Mom listens to everyone but says nothing. Then we all look her way, like it's her turn, and she says, "Here's how I make hard-boiled eggs: I put them in a pan with water and turn the stove on high. Then I go upstairs and paint a canvass. An hour later I go downstairs to get my cerulean blue paint from my art room and discover the water is gone and the eggs have turned from white to black at the bottom of the pan."

Or like the time I poked some holes into a sweet potato, stuck it in the microwave for about four minutes and went into the back yard with Katie to play hopscotch. An hour later, we came inside to eat dinner and discovered a half mushy cold sweet potato in our microwave awaiting us.

Please share your "Cooking Gone Wrong Recipes" below