Friday, August 26, 2011

A Good Kind of Tired

I like the feeling of sore underused muscles after accomplishing a physical project. I'm sweaty. I'm gross. But I stand there with my hands on my hips and admire my work. Occasionally. I should mention that. I've lived in our house for nearly six years and I've been meaning to retile the closet in the guest room, the room formerly known as the cat room, for years now.

A litter box sat there for nearly six years. Used by two cat for two of those years. I scooped it. I cleaned it our periodically. But still. Six years is a lot of cat pee.

But I finally did it. I pried and chipped off all the old tile and enzymed the hell out of the floor and walls. I'm sure it will be probably weeks before I can get it odor free, and I'll have to paint the floor with Kilz, but man, I feel great for feeling so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment