Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Middle Yes

Katie came home from school the other day and pulled this drawing out of her backpack.

"What is it?"  I asked.

"This side is Boy No," she explained.


"And over here on the left side is Girl Kinda," she continued.  "On the right is Middle Yes."


"So what does that mean?"  I took some art history classes in college and I pride myself on a deep understanding of most works of art, but sometimes my six-year-old stumps me.

"Well," she flipped the drawing over to the Boy No side.  "See, I don't like to do scribble scrabble things like boys."  She flipped it back to the other side.  "And I kinda like girly stuff," she said, pointing to the flower.  "But I really like both boy and girl stuff like the yo-yo and the heart."

Oh yeah, I totally get it. Gender ambiguity FTW!



No comments:

Post a Comment