Friday, November 16, 2012

Cute Katie Quotes: March 2009 - July 2009

Age 2 1/2

3-3-09: Katie and I had just changed the sheets and I opened the blinds.  She started jumping on the bed and saying, "Butterflies flying!  Butterflies flying!"  I didn't see any butterflies.  Then I noticed all the dust particles floating in the bright sunlight streaming in through the window.  Leave it to Katie to turn dust into butterflies.

3-12-09: Tonight Will and I were tucking Katie in when I said to her, "We love you, Katie Carleton!  Sweet dreams."  When I leaned over to give her a kiss, she looked up at me and said, "Sweet dreams, Mama Carleton!"

3-15-09: Tonight when I sat Katie's dinner plate (veggie burger and a sweet potato) down in front of her, she said, "Ooooooh!  Good job, Mama.  Good thinking!"

4-6-09: Katie came into our room this morning to wake me.  Since it's Will's day off, I let him sleep in.  As Katie and I were leaving the room, she said, "Where's Daddy?"  I said, "He's in bed.  He's still sleeping."  She looked over at him and said, "Oh, he's so cute."

4-9-09: Katie was watching "Dora The Explorer" on TV.  She had a wet diaper, but she wouldn't break her TV trance to go change it.  Finally, I got tired of waiting on her, so I picked her up and started to carry her down the hall when she yelled, "abajo!"  I looked it up and it means "down" in Spanish.

4-27-09: Katie had been crying.  We went into the bathroom.  She looked at herself in the mirror and saw a tear resting on her cheek.  She used a towel and dried her face.  I said, "Did you dry your tear?"  Katie said, "No, I dry my cry."

6-23-09: As we got out of the car in the parking lot, Katie looked at the Bed Bath and Beyond sign and exclaimed, "That number start with a B!"  Then, as we were leaving, she looked at the sign again and said, "There's a D!"  I said, "Yes!  Is the D at the beginning or the end of the word?"  Katie said, " D at the end!"

7-17-09: Back from the playground this evening, Katie said, "The sun is not going down!"  I lifted her from the stroller and said, "Yes it is, Sweetie."  She immediately disagreed with me, so I said, "Kate, you're not facing reality."  Without pause, she replied, "Realdidy is not fun."






No comments:

Post a Comment