Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Voted!


Here's a photo of me in our front yard, back from voting today.  Note the "I voted" sticker just under my shirt collar.  

Yes, I did have to zip up my jacket while I was voting, since it is illegal to campaign at polling locations.  Despite that blow to my enthusiasm, and because the Johnson County Election Office here in Kansas is so awesomely efficient, Will and I were filled with civics-geek pride as we were able to get right in and out at this advance voting location this morning:

  • Ten Quivira Plaza - Shawnee 
  • 12156 Shawnee Mission Parkway (one block west of Quivira Rd)
  • 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. Monday - Friday, October 22 - November 2
  • 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Saturday - October 27, November 3
  • Closed November 5th
I've heard other advance voting locations in the county have been busy, so if you don't want to wait so long, try this place.  Wherever you go, remember to bring your photo ID.


No comments:

Post a Comment