Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Jinxed Katie's Health Streak

Aww, poor Katie is sick.  While she's napping, I'm reading about the etymology of the word "jinx."  As in, I should not have been bragging about how my kid rarely gets sick because now, of course, she's sick.


Just a little lethargy and intestinal goo.  Nothing major.  But still.  Poor kid.



So while she rests I search the Wikipedia article for the word jinx and I discover this:  "These birds get their English name from their ability to turn their heads almost 180 degrees. When disturbed at the nest, they use this snake-like head twisting and hissing as a threat display. This odd behaviour led to their use in witchcraft, hence to put a "jinx" on someone."

I'm actually not superstitious.  Crap.  I should not have announced that to the world because now something ominous is going to happen to me.  No really, I'm just a Wordy.  Loves me some interesting verbiage.   

(crosses fingers behind back)