Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!  Here's the song that courses through this red-blooded American's veins today, filling me with patriotic pride:



I'm totally serious.  It takes a great country to encourage such satirical criticism from its citizens.  Team America:World Police is one of my all-time favorite movies, just as The Onion is my favorite fake news site, just as The Daily Show and The Colbert Report are my favorite fake news shows.  As has been the case for hundreds of years, the court jester is often the only one telling the truth.



Today as we reflect upon what it means to be an American--while drinking beer and setting explosives on fire--I can proudly say "Fuck yeah!"  It's not the strength of our military or the fortitude of our leaders that makes ours such a great nation.  It's our ability to make fun of ourselves.


America, FUCK YEAH!


No comments:

Post a Comment