Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Image stolen from George Takei's hilarious Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/georgehtakei?ref=ts

Happy Father's Day to all the great dads out there! Especially my husband Will, my father-in-law Scott, and my step-father Bob.  I'm lucky to have such caring men to help me raise Katie.

And to my own dad: I've spent many hours throughout my life in the greeting card aisle searching like Luke and Leia for the perfect card to express our relationship, only to come to the realization that no such card exists. Dad's not quite the sugary sweet dad portrayed in most greeting cards, but he's not quite an evil bastard either. The same could be said about me as a daughter.  Thanks for teaching me about the beauty of ambiguity, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment