Monday, November 18, 2013

Tree Museum

When Will and I visited the Overland Park Arboretum recently, I was reminded of the Joni Mitchell song, "Big Yellow Taxi".


"Now they took all the trees, put em in a tree museum.  Then they charged all the people a dollar and a half just to see em."  --Joni Mitchell

With inflation, we were asked to pay three bucks, but still.  When the cashier informed us we had to pay before we could enter, it was just like, seriously?  Haven't you heard that Joni Mitchell song?  

We couldn't believe what used to be a free park is now so fancy pants you have to pay to enter it.  I had brought my camera intending to snap some photos of the beautiful autumn trees.  Instead we left the place and drove down the road to see other non-arboretum trees, which were just as glorious.  I don't need to pay money to appreciate a tree.

"Non-arboretum tree I" by Becky Carleton

"Non-arboretum tree II" by Becky Carleton

"Non-arboretum tree III" by Becky Carleton

No comments:

Post a Comment