Sunday, November 3, 2013

Katie the Librarian

I read two Halloween books to Katie's second grade class last Thursday during their Fall Party.  My First Ghost by Maggie Miller and Creepy Carrots by Aaron Reynolds.

We were talking about it over lunch yesterday.  I asked if she liked that I came to her school and read books to her class?

Katie said, "Oh, yes!"

"It didn't embarrass you to have your librarian mom come to class and talk about how reading books will make you smart?"  I asked.

Katie said, "Oh, no!"

She paused for a moment and then said, "Mom?"

She was waiting for me to say what, Hon, so I said, "What, Hon?"

"When I grow up can you retire so I can have your job?"

I can't say I've ever felt more flattered from a comment about a job well done.



No comments:

Post a Comment