Monday, January 28, 2013

The Grateful Dead Valentine and Maggie Gyllenhaal's Hair

During "free draw" in art class at school today, Katie made this early Valentine for Will and me:

front: "Happy Vallntines (sic) Day! Mom and Dad" by Katie Carleton, age 6

inside: (l to r) Becky, Katie, Will 

Will does have the longest hair of us three, in real life and in this picture, but no, he does not have three boobs, if that's what you're thinking.  Those squiggles are writing on his t-shirt.  It says, "Grateful Dead" and has a "skeleton" underneath, says Katie.  

I like what she's done with my hair.  I've been disappointed with my latest hair cut because I don't look like Maggie Gyllenhaal like I asked for.  I had planned on bringing this photo to the salon, but I forgot to print it and I don't have a smart phone to summon it while sitting in the chair trying to explain what I mean by a "funky/flippy wavy bob".  I think next time I'll bring Katie's Valentine to show the stylist how I want my hair to look.  The artist's got it down.  She knows what her subjects like.   

No comments:

Post a Comment