Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fat, Angry, and...Healthy!

This past week has been good for fat, angry people like me.  Last week I discovered that expressing negative emotions is healthy, according to this study.  See, I told you, Mom!  This week it turns out my love for all things Dr. Linda Bacon is legit.  Fat people have a lower mortality risk than so-called normal weight people, according to this study by the CDC and National Institutes of Health.

Kiss my big fat ass, billion dollar weight-loss industry.  My New Year's Resolution is easy this year.  It's the same goal I resolved to follow years ago after reading Dr. Bacon's book, Health At Every Size®:

To listen to my body and eat what it craves,

To feel what's happening with my body by moving it in pleasurable ways, and

To love my body despite what anyone else has to say about it.

My body is mine, goddammit.  I'm sick of people outside myself controlling it.  I'm fat, I'm angry, and I'm on a mission to live the healthiest life I can.  So watch it, Weight Watchers and all the rest of you weight-loss charlatans.  There's no room for you in my healthy life anymore.




No comments:

Post a Comment