Thursday, January 3, 2013

Farewell, 112th Congress

When my parents divorced, I was twenty-one.  I was so happy for my mom, who finally found the courage to leave my controlling, cantankerous father, that I bought her a "Happy Divorce" card.  It featured a cartoon of a single woman driving down a road in a convertible with her hair flying freely in the breeze.  Some breakups are refreshing.

If I could buy our nation a card today, I would.  Farewell, 112th Congress.



It seems I'm not the only one happy to see the end of the 112th Congress.  Here's a great rant about its ineptness.  Representatives from both chambers agreed on so little they couldn't even agree when to formally adjourn, which is why they had one last session today, one hour before the 113th Congress began.  When you can't even agree on a time to end things, it's time to break up.

No comments:

Post a Comment