Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Chick-fil-A for the Thirsty

Who wants to go with me to Chick-fil-A today?  I'm thirsty!



My two favorite quotes from this video:

“If you’re going to claim that you stand up for Biblical principles, stand up for them.  But that means stand up for all of them.  Don’t just stand up for the ones that give you a person to hate or an easy victim to ‘other’.  Stop wearing polyester and stop watching football and go marry your dead brother’s wife.  I have no problem with people standing up for their religion.  But I have a big problem with people standing up for hate and trying to say it’s because of religion.”

“Mike Huckabee wants everybody to go to Chick-fil-A on August 1st and spend some money there and show their support for Chick-fil-A’s stance on marriage, or as I like to call it ‘hate’.  I would like to suggest an alterative.  There’s this Bible passage, Proverbs 25:21:  ‘If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink.’  So if you are not a fan of Chick-fil-A’s stance on hate, on August 1st I suggest you go there and ask for a large water.  If they say you need to order something, site Proverbs 25:21.  I mean technically if they’re operating on Biblical principles they should give you an entire combo meal if your stomach growls, but let's keep it simple.  Just ask for a large water and nothing else.  If they give it to you, then you just got a few pennies of their profit and less money goes to their hate foundation.  And if they don’t then I guess they’re not even operating under their perverted version of Biblical.”

Amen!

4 comments:

  1. Does it say in the new testament that I should stop wearing polyester and stop watching football and go marry my dead husbands brother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but it does say to love our neighbors as ourselves and to not judge others. Peace and love to you, Shonda Borden. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  2. More specifically, when Jesus was asked how to approach all of those rules from the Hebrew Scriptures ("the law and the prophets"; i.e. the Old Testament), he said with love:

    When the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together, and one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. ‘Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?’ He said to him, ‘ “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: “You shall love your neighbour as yourself.” On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.’

    Matthew 22:34-40
    http://bible.oremus.org/?ql=210849002

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment, Degolar! You quoted one of my favorites. To me it's so simple: Love God. Love people. I wrote about it more here too: http://thisambiguouslife.blogspot.com/2012/07/being-chicken-and-waffling-my-thoughts.html

      Delete