Thursday, September 5, 2013

George Carlin: "We Like War"

Twenty-one years have passed since the inimitable George Carlin did his bit, "We Like War".  George Carlin is dead, and that war in the Persian Gulf he's referring to in this clip is over, but what he says pretty much sums up how I feel about the current situation our nation faces in our decision whether or not to bomb Syria.

Here's my favorite quote:

"My mind doesn't work that way.  I got this real moron thing I do.  It's called thinking.  And I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."

Do you agree with Carlin that "good Americans" don't think for themselves?  What do you think we should do about our current conflict with Syria?  What sources of news and information do you use to form your opinions about the issue?  Do you agree with Carlin that the mainstream media is no more than unpaid employees of the Department of Defense?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment