Sunday, September 15, 2013

Diplomat Girl

Katie: "Sometimes I pretend I have a superpower."

Me: "Oh yeah?  What's your superpower?"

Katie: "My superpower is I can make people not go to war."

Me: "Wow.  That's an amazing superpower.  How on earth do you do that?"

Katie: "I just talk to them and tell them that killing each other is wrong."

Me: "That's called diplomacy.  Your superpower is diplomacy."

Katie: "What's diplomacy?"

Me: "It's when nations have a conflict but instead of going to war and killing people diplomats get together and talk about what they need to do to end the conflict.  Diplomacy is an awesome superpower to have."

Katie: "Yeah, my superpower is diplomacy."

If John Kerry gets sick of his job, I've got a seven-year-old girl who'd like a stab at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment