Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Binders Full of Women - Is Mitt Romney a Closet Fan of Affirmative Action?

I awoke this morning to find the internet has exploded with Mitt Romney's "binders full of women" comment from last night's debate.  Tumblr has a hilarious feed here

But what's captured my attention is Mark Shields' analysis on PBS NewsHour, beginning at minute 2:55 in the clip below: 



"Can I tell you what the lead is -- OK -- what the lead is? Women in binders.  I mean, that is -- that will be the clip that will be seen around the world, Mitt Romney. And the interesting thing about that is, he told the story about the women in his Cabinet, was that was affirmative action. That is affirmative action.  He got all these men. And he said, no, no, can't we find some women? Go out and find some women. That's the definition of affirmative action.  And I will be interested to see The Wall Street Journal editorial page attack him on that tomorrow."

I just checked the Wall Street Journal and I see no such editorial yet, but I'll keep you posted.

Watch the full debate below on PBS.  Yes, the same PBS that Mitt Romney has said he'd like the federal government to stop funding.

No comments:

Post a Comment