Sunday, April 20, 2014

Selfies #nomakeup

In eighth grade, I started wearing makeup every day. It wasn't until Will and I had been dating for a year or so that I stopped wearing makeup daily. Will doesn't like the taste of lipstick. So I stopped wearing lipstick. I look pale without lipstick on when I wear foundation that evens out my rosy, rosacea-scarred skin. So I stopped wearing foundation. My eyeliner looks odd without foundation and lipstick to balance everything out. So I stopped wearing eyeliner.

When I was in eighth grade, I walked to school. As soon as I stepped into the building, I walked straight to the restroom to check my makeup and powder my nose. I remember at the time reading an article that said twenty percent of women interviewed didn't wear makeup on a daily basis, and I couldn't believe anyone could be that brave.

Now I'm that brave. Selfies, #nomakeup.







This one below is not a selfie. My six year old niece took it. But it's #nomakeup. I wish I could show it to my inner eighth-grader, who was so anxious about her appearance, so she could see how beautiful I am:




No comments:

Post a Comment