Thursday, April 3, 2014

Enturtle Live

When we moved into the house in 2004, I had plans to paint our white bathroom walls periwinkle, but I never got around to it. In 2010, tired of our bare walls but too lazy to paint, at my fortieth birthday party I passed out colored markers and asked my friends and family to write a message on our bathroom walls. The response was awesome!





















With all the humidity in the room over the years, most of the original messages have faded. Ephemeral beauty at its best.

Last year on my birthday I reintroduced the markers so my friends and family could add more messages. 









It's only been a little over four months and those messages are already starting to fade. I think we accidentally used Katie's washable markers. 

At Katie's and my after-baptism party last Sunday, I got smart and left out a permanent marker. Here's the messages our loved ones left us:










We love our bathroom wall messages. Katie was inspired to leave her own:


Even if we use permanent markers to write our messages on the wall, with enough time they fade. We can't just write down our messages and expect them to remain forever intact. We must live our messages, carry them in our hearts, and love each other as much as God loves us. 

May we get in touch with our inner-energy, our inner-seven-year old, and be that person once again who feels infused with Love and blessed with an awareness that "enturtle live" is there for us if we believe it will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment