Monday, April 28, 2014

An Artful Life




Here's what I created this weekend. I hopped on here to share it. That's when I saw that This Ambiguous Life has hit 75,000 page views. It happened sometime this weekend while I was too busy having a blast with my husband, my daughter, and good friends to log on and check the stats. What happened to the insecure blogger I once was, spending countless moments checking to see how many more page views my latest post had garnered?

I can't tell you how grateful I am for your support, dear reader. But I'm also proud that I'm so satisfied with my writing life that it no longer interferes with my real life. I used to think my life would be so much better once I became a "real writer". A real writer is not a blogger, but someone who has published a book and earns a living off the royalties. Hogwash. Now I understand that a real writer is someone who uses her talent to express herself in a way that best suits her daily life.

I no longer think of my art as being separate from myself. No longer beholden to one goal of being a published writer, I live an artful life, expressed in myriad ways. The soft kiss on my daughter's cheek. The simultaneous laugh I share with my husband. The energy given to and taken from friends as we enjoy our time together. Sharing these thoughts with you. Art is not defined by how much you get paid, but by how much value it gives your life.

Thank you for joining me on this amazing journey.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" --John Lennon, "Beautiful Boy"

No comments:

Post a Comment