Monday, December 23, 2013

It's a Beautiful Day

image source


It's a Beautiful Day!

I can't praise this store enough.  A locally owned Mom and Pop shop in midtown, it's the best place in Greater Kansas City to buy gifts.  They sell handmade clothes, pop culture T-shirts and accessories, music, Archie McPhee toys and oddities (where else can you lay your hands on a tin box of Jesus band-aids?), progressive political bumper stickers, candles, incense, and just about anything else a hippie would love.

Doing some last-minute Christmas shopping today, I didn't quite have enough money to buy all the things I wanted.  I was going to put some of the items back.  One of the items I didn't want to put back, but I wasn't sure if it would fit the person I'm giving it to, so the owner tried it on for me and helped me decide.  Then, after all that, he gave it to me for free so I could afford to buy the other things I wanted too.

I spent way less money than I would have at Target or Kohl's or any big box store, got cooler stuff, and left with a smile on my face and gratitude in my heart.

Please support this wonderful family business the next time you're in the neighborhood.

It's a Beautiful Day
3918 Broadway St.
Kansas City, MO ‎
(816) 931-6169



No comments:

Post a Comment