Monday, February 18, 2013

"Find the Missing Tick Tack Toe" by Katie Carleton, Age 6

Before you start judging Katie's poor spelling, I should fess up.  She asked me how to spell tic-tac-toe, and I was too busy doing the dishes to stop and look it up.  People think librarians are so smart.  It's not that we're smarter than anyone, we just know how to do research.  I'm a terrible speller, but I'm usually a good enough guesser I can look up the proper spelling of words as long as my hands aren't too soapy.

Here's Katie's drawing of a house with a tic-tac-toe game hidden within the bricks:


Here's the inside of the house, which Katie describes as the house she and Aidan, their two children, their dog and five puppies live in when she's grown up:


Clockwise from the top left: Katie's and Aidan's bedroom, son Aidan Jr's bedroom where he is playing with his race track, bathroom, stairs to the spare room where the puppies sleep, daughter Katherine's bedroom where she is playing with her doll, living room where Aidan is watching TV, kitchen where Katie is baking a cherry pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment