Tuesday, March 4, 2014

You Are Weird: Your Body's Peculiar Parts and Funny Functions by Diane Swanson

.
Katie, sick in bed, reading You Are Weird: 
by Diane Swanson

Yesterday afternoon Katie started complaining that she felt tired. Trapped inside the house for a couple of days due to the recent snowstorm, we assumed she just had cabin fever. She ate fine and went to bed on time. Then she woke up this morning with an actual fever.

Not high enough to give her children's acetaminophen. It was just 100.5. Our doctor advises us to not give her a fever reducer until it hits 102, to allow her body to heal itself naturally. I really like Katie's doctor. Too bad she's a pediatrician or I'd ask her to be my doctor too. As it is, she'd take one look at my 43 year old body and say, "I won't even attempt to practice medicine on your perimenopausal ass."

This morning, after I sighed that she had a fever and had to stay home from school, Katie announced, "Hooray! Now I can finish my You Are Weird book!"

Sometimes I suspect our little bookworm has figured out a way to self-induce a fever so she has an excuse to stay home and read her weird books.

No comments:

Post a Comment