Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sunday Morning News TV-Free

I no longer have cable and we never got around to buying one of those digital converter boxes for our old ass TV.  The main thing I miss is "Real Time with Bill Maher."  It's the only show I can't view in full episode online.  I'd gladly pay HBO to watch it online, but alas, they haven't caught on yet that many progressives no longer watch cable.



Another thing I miss being TV-free is the Sunday morning talk shows.  But not much.  When I'm jonesin' for some Sunday morning politically-tinged communion wafers, I hold my tongue out while surfing the web and catch clips online.

Plus, I'm no longer limited to the Big 5 Sunday Morning Talk Shows.  I can get my info the way I like it, directly from the jackasses themselves.  No, not from Democrats.org.  Comedians.  Everyone knows they're the ones willing to speak the truth.

Let me share my own version of today's tasty Sunday communion.  In an example of the court jester telling the truth, here's Stephen Colbert's response to Paul Ryan's GOP Convention Speech:


In this clip, Stephen Colbert quips, "Thank God, folks, the Romney-Ryan ticket isn't grabbing their ankles for reality."

Reality Schmeality.  We're Americans.  It's no wonder so many people are willing to ignore facts to support candidates like Paul Ryan.  Look at the blend of fiction and nonfiction that is TLC's reality-show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" which got higher ratings than the Republican Convention.  Americans like our news fake (Colbert) our entertainment faker (Honey Boo Boo) and our politicians the fakest (Ryan).  We blame the state of our country on the political leaders we elect based on information we get from political ads run during our favorite reality TV shows.

And people wonder why I don't buy a digital converter box so I can watch more TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment