Sunday, October 20, 2013

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme Song, Reworked by Katie Carleton

Katie was singing Nickelodeon's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles theme song.  She sang along with the proper lyrics until she got to a line that inspired her to add some lyrics of her own.  She sang :

Can't stop these radical dudes
The secret of the ooze made the chosen few
Emerge from the shadows to make their move
The good guys win and the bad guys lose

Then she added:

But the bad guys think they're the good guys
And they think the good guys are the bad guys

She ended the song there and looked up at me like she could tell I was listening.  She smiled.  I was beaming.  I walked over and gave her a hug.  I grabbed her head with both hands and planted a kiss firmly on her forehead.

"I'm kissing your brain," I said.  "Did you know that you figured out something a lot of grownups haven't even figured out?"

"What?" Katie asked.

"You figured out that we think we're the good guys and that who we think are the bad guys think they're the good guys and that we're the bad guys," I said.  I kissed her forehead for a second time.  "For that, I kiss your brain!"

Katie beamed.

"Mom," Katie asked, "do you think my brain just got bigger?"

"Yes," I said, "Yes I do."

No comments:

Post a Comment