Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Gay Day In American History

It's an exciting time to be an American.  I have a good feeling about how much progress we've made in the fight for Marriage Equality.  So good you could even say I feel gaaaaaay!

“We can always count on the Americans to do the right thing, after they have exhausted all the other possibilities.” --Winston Churchill

I'm in a gay mood in anticipation of the Supreme Court rulings on Prop 8 and DOMA.  The Justices hear oral arguments today and tomorrow.  I wish I could be there, but I've got a good seat here at my laptop, watching my Facebook news feed.  I've never seen such tremendous support. My feed is full of friends who have changed their profile picture to this:


"The Supreme Court is hearing oral arguments TODAY on Prop. 8 and tomorrow on DOMA. We need as many Americans as possible to show their support for equality. Sign HRC's Majority Opinion petition and help make these discriminatory laws history."

Join the movement!  Don't be on the wrong side of history!

photo credit: Human Rights Campaign

***Update***

Here are some insightful comments on PBSNewshour:

Following the oral arguments at the Supreme Court challenging Proposition 8, California's ban on same-sex marriage, attorneys David Boies and Theodore Olson, and plaintiffs Kris Perry, Sandy Stier, Jeff Zarrillo and Paul Katami spoke outside the court.



Kris Perry's and Sandy Stier's twin sons are adorable.  Love the bow tie.

Here is the transcript of the oral arguments March 26, 2013.

You can listen to the oral arguments here:



Here is the transcript of the oral arguments March 27, 2013.

You can listen to the oral arguments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment