Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Sing Louder


Twenty-three years ago, on March 15, 1993, I starting working at the library in the periodicals department. The longest amount of time I'd stuck with a job prior to the library was two months, when I was a nanny to three kids one summer. The shortest amount of time I've stuck with a job is one day, at Europlay at Oak Park Mall when I got fired for not sorting the Koosh balls into their bins correctly. And for being too shy to approach customers and sell them more than what they came in for.

With age comes wisdom, yes, but with age also comes confidence. You get to a part of your life where you realize, "I really just want to get paid to sing and dance with kids and read them a silly book or two". When your inner critic whispers, "you are too shy to do that," sing louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment