Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Don't Go the Cry It Out Route


Just the other day I blogged about my idea for the best way to get a child to go to sleep. And prevent war. Yeah, it's kind of a stretch, but I still stand by my unsupported claims about how to achieve world peace through nurturing parenting.

Then today my friend shared this post from Psychology Today supporting my claims. Well, not the world peace part, but we'll get to that some day. The part where I suggest that leaving infants to cry it out is not the best way to get them to go to sleep at night. Actually, the author has an even more valid argument since she supports her ideas with actual research.

So yeah, what she says.

And as always, remember, whatever any so-called expert, friend, or random blogger tells you, you are the best mom for your family. Not them. Not me. You. Trust your instincts and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment