Saturday, July 30, 2011

Even The Wicked Queen Said "Please"

I was loading the dinner dishes into the dishwasher. Katie came into the kitchen and announced, "Even the evil queen said 'please.'"

She had been in the living room watching an old Little Bill VHS tape. Yes, this was today, 2011. We like to kick it old school in our frugal house. But because she was watching Little Bill I couldn't quite figure out why she was telling me about the evil queen in Snow White. But I still wanted to know where she was going with this, so I played along."

Me: "When did the evil queen say 'please?' I don't remember that part."

Katie: "When she asks for some water. She says (hunches her back like an old woman and makes her voice sound scratchy) "Can I please have some water?"

Me: "Oh. Well, that was nice. I wonder why she said that?"

Katie: "Maybe because she knows that good guys say 'please' and she was pretending to be a good guy."

Only five years old and she's already losing her childlike naivete.

No comments:

Post a Comment