Wednesday, February 13, 2019

There’s nothing more to say

There’s nothing more to say except 
I love you
There’s nothing left to do
To show I care
But being next to you
Inside this room now
I hold your hand
With warmth beyond compare

I learned when I was young 
How best to love you
For giving me this life of mine to live
You’re always there when I need you to talk to
To dry my eyes   
And show me no despair 

No other mother can compare
With you now
When I was young you taught me how to share
This love you filled a well
That’s deep inside me
I learned to love 
From you because you care

I’m filled with love because 
I am your daughter 
You taught me well
You showed me that you care
Now you’ve grown old
Our time is drawing nearer
And still our love’s for always ever there

It’ll do no good for me to
Tear my heart out
There’s lots of love for me I’ve got to share
With others in this world who need assurance 
More than my mama needs me to despair 
To sit and cry and worry what’s to come now
It’s hard to think we’ll say one last goodbye
But mama dear don’t worry ‘bout your daughter  
You’ve grown old but
Love’s forever there


No comments:

Post a Comment