Friday, July 17, 2015

My MBTI Type Family Tree

I'm a teeny, tiny bit obsessed with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. (I'm an E/INFP.) A bit like my 14-year-old self was obsessed with astrology. (I'm a Scorpio with a Virgo moon and a Libra rising sign.) It might be a bit ridiculous to lump complex human beings into personality types, but it fascinates me.

I recently gave our soon-to-be nine-year-old, Katie, the MBTI test. The test is designed for adults, so I had to explain some of the big words and complex questions, but she had fun taking the test. She's an INFP. And a Cancer with a Taurus moon and a Taurus rising sign. OK. Maybe I haven't ever gotten over my silly obsession with astrology.

My husband Will must adore me. He is totally not the type of person who digs personality tests like I do, but he took the MBTI test to satisfy my curiosity. He's an ISTJ. And an Aquarius with a Virgo moon and a Pisces rising sign.

I found this awesome website that visually interprets each individual Myers-Briggs type. I decided to use it to create an MBTI Type Family Tree.

*Note, I'm guessing my dad's type. I've never had the guts to ask him to take the test. He thinks psychological stuff is weird hippie crap and I'd like to save my energy for a more important battle with my dad than one over whether or not he'd agree to take a personality test. Which explains why my guess is that Dad's an ESTJ. And an Aries with a Virgo moon and a Pisces rising sign.

My MBTI Type Family Tree:

Glen Burton, my father: ESTJ*

Glen Burton, my father: ESTJ*

Bev Martinmaas, my mom: ISFP

Bev Martinmaas, my mom: ISFP

Becky Carleton, me: ENFP

Becky Carleton, me: ENFP

Will Carleton, my husband: ISTJ

Will Carleton, my husband: ISTJ

Katie Carleton, our daughter: INFP

Katie Carleton, our daughter: INFP

All these and more MBTI heads are found here. What's your MBTI Type Family Tree look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment