Thursday, January 12, 2012

George Carlin for President 2012!

Some of my friends are thinking of not voting this year. They don't feel our choices are good enough and they're tired of voting for the lesser of two evils. I can't do that to my suffragist sisters who fought so hard for people like me to have the privilege to vote. That's right. Privilege, not right. Like George Carlin said. I have an idea. Instead of not-voting, let's all write in George Carlin. They voted for a dead senator in MO recently. Come on! Let's elect a dead president!



When I shared my idea, a conservative friend called Carlin a useless whiner. I don't see Carlin as a useless whiner at all. I see him as a modern philosopher. We laugh at his observations not because they're entertaining, but because they're true, and if you can't laugh at the absurdity of this world, what's the point?

I don't agree with everything Carlin ever said, but I still agree with him more than the other guys who are actually running for president. And actually alive. I'm a big (pun intended) Health at Every Size® advocate, and yet Carlin used to rant against fat people. No one is above ignorance and bad arguments.



But for the most part, what came out of his mouth was golden.

What will happen when we elect a dead man who thought American politics is garbage? I'd like to see. Wouldn't you?



"Garbage in, garbage out."

2 comments:

  1. George Carlin's observations were so spot-on that maybe those who dismissed him as a useless whiner were feeling a bit of the sting from the truth hurting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a Video about Political Spin that is only part of a longer Speech he gave to the Press. AT 3MINUTES 14 SECONDS THE INTRODUCTION SHOULD PROVE HIM ELIGIBLE FOR ELECTION SINCE CORPORATIONS ARE PEOPLE TOO.

    "lying POLITICIANS and WORDS"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKftRlzh2RM

    ReplyDelete